Wednesday 13 June 2012

Tidying up!

Have decided that I am banging my head against a brick wall with my efforts of collecting any more donations to the RNLI.
As some of you know I have written many letters/emails to various clubs, organisations and firms (probably about 150) but without much success. It is interesting to note that I had only 1 donation (from Starcross Fishing & Cruising Club) from all the sailing clubs (54) that I contacted. Only a handful even replied. I know times are hard, etc. and also many clubs support their own local branch of the RNLI but I would have thought that considering their membership is made up of comparatively wealthy people thay could have been more generous!

Almost all of the donations has come from friends, and I thank all of you for being supportive. From all of the letters/emails that I sent I received only 5 donations. The total raised was £630. However as some of the campsites that we stayed at gave us reductions Lyn and myself have made up the total to £750. I will now send off the cheques to the RNLI 's head office in Poole. If anyone reading this blog still wishes to make a donation please make cheques payable to the RNLI, send to me and then I will update on this blog site accordingly.

Thank you for reading.

Pete.

1 comment:

  1. Hi again Pete,

    A massive well done for completing the walk! And in some horrendous weather as well.

    How did you find it? Any tips for my trip?... start date is getting close now, I'm setting off on the 3rd Sept. Still haven't got half the gear I need but... I understand your frustration with the donations, I am trying my hardest to raise loads of money but it's not as easy as you think it's going to be!

    Well done again

    Verity

    ReplyDelete