Friday 13 April 2012

Day 11 (April 13) Bude to Crackington Haven




Friday 13th - oh, dear, Lyn has done so well with the motorhome but today she thought she would streamline the back end. Say no more.
For Melv and I today was a short walking day with just a few steep valleys unlike yesterday which involved so many really quite precipitous valleys & trillions of steps. We got to Crackington Haven early afternoon, just before it poured with rain. I've always maintained that the sun shines on the righteous!
I know all you avid readers of this blog are dying to know the state of my toe. Well it is even more painful; every step, etc. I think gangrene has set in & amputation is only a matter of time. Is there anyone out there who is prepared to donate a small toe to use in a transplant operation? If so please give us a phone, text, blog.

1 comment:

  1. Pete, could ask my grandad if you could use one of his piglets toes ( this would keep you "trotting" on the path in good time!!) or i also hear that a wee dram of whiskey or a good pint of real ale every night helps!!
    Keep blogging, great to see some pictures of the walk to.
    Regards Twister

    ReplyDelete