Wednesday 25 April 2012

Day 23 (April 25) Marazion to Mullion Cove

Greeted this morning with great text from John P. - Chelsea are in the final of the Champions League. I never had any doubts!!
Set off this morning in driving rain although it soon eased. On leaving Marazion the designated path was down to the shoreline and across the short beach. What are you supposed to do when it's high tide? I had to play 'chicken' with the waves as they crashed against the cliff! Somebody tell me, why am I doing this?
The path today was muddy & covered in puddles. Squally heavy showers with strong wind all day. Somebody said I should look out for seals. well they weren't likely to poke their heads above the waves were they - it was raining - they would get wet.


Lyn was the star today; whilst changing the gas bottle she managed to lock herself out of the van. Had to call out the RAC man who had to break in (no damage - I think his previous occupation was suspect). Waited 2 hours! Not a happy bunny. Many thanks to Chelstons for their telephone support.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pic. Loe Bar? Well done - not a good day for walking or taking photos. You managed to do well on both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Lyn. I really feel for you! I can imagine how fed up you were. Shame I wasn't there to console you. Hope you made up for it with a double dose of G and T! Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete