Friday 20 April 2012

Day 18 (April 20) Newquay to Porthtowan

Fantastic scenery again today but still blustery. Light drizzle for a couple of hours - excuse for a pint of Doom Bar at Driftwood Spars, St. Agnes.
Met a very interesting ex naval chap at Holywell. Told me ALL about HRH's Charles & Andrew when they were at Culdrose! Actually he didn't but you never let the truth get in the way of a good blog.

Nice article in yesterday's West Briton about 'the walk'. Thank you for the publicity - let's hope it helps with the raising of money for the RNLI. What a pity the T.V. & radio stations haven't shown the slightest interest!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Pete
    Thanks for describing me as a very interesting ex-Naval chap, I'll take the compliment. I only knew HRH Charles in passing on HMS Hermes not whilst at Culdrose - not that it matters, he would not remember me.
    I have read your blog and see what keeps you pacing out the miles - walking off a hangover!
    Anyway I am envious and will do the walk sometime in the next decade or so. I'll work out how to sponsor you and do it for Polly Joke, the Kelseys, and Holywell.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, more alcohol...................at least you appear to have good taste....well in ale anyway!

    Not so sure about all that G and T stuff though.

    Good to know you're back out there after the weather over the last few days, hope you get a nice run of dry days but looking at the long range forecast don't hold your breath.

    Still proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to meet at Porthtowan, and , was I glad of the lovely cup of tea in Blue! its a long drive from Threemilestone!! Thanks to Lyn for picking me up. good to see you both...... Keep on walking, keep safe! we are proud of you both!! Well done. Jen & other Pete.

    ReplyDelete