Thursday 19 April 2012

Day 17 (April 19) Trevone to Newquay

Up at 5a.m. - drive to Trevone - on with the waterproofs; more against the wind than the rain. Talking about wind, I thought that would dissipate now that Melv had returned to Norfolk, but not a bit of it - I passed a collapsed cave today (I think some people call it a blowhole).
Despite the wind, today's walk (20 miles) was memorable for the reason that the scenery was so magnificent. Lyn and I have been lucky enough to travel to many countries (including The Caribbean, South America & Australia) but I don't think I have seen more stunning beaches than we have here in Cornwall. (Unfortunately I could not take any photos after the first mile or so cos my camera battery went flat).

2 comments:

  1. I would have to disagree with you about the quality of cornish beaches. The only reason I will let you get away with the comment is that most of the north devon ones are full of welsh and scousers. Have to agree though, the coastline is stunning, whichever part of the southwest you happen to be in.

    Many thanks for Kyles prezzie,

    North Devon Mob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see that you are back on the trail again! Mainly because we can carry on drinking your wine while house sitting in your absense! Good article in yesterdays West Briton too!

    Terry & Sue

    ReplyDelete