Saturday 5 May 2012

Day 33 (May 5) Bigbury to Soar Cove

It's been wind & rain all night - delayed start. Wasn't able to make contact with man who operates ferry between Cockleridge (just outside of Bigbury) last evening so had to drive round - big detour and narrow lanes. Hope ferryman's boat springs a leak, or his wife runs away with the milkman.
Very windy walk all the way to Soar Mill Cove - then cut inland to campsite Lyn had booked at Higher Rew. As tomorrow is a rest day I decided to walk the remainder of today's planned walk to Salcombe tomorrow.
Campsite is much more civilised than yesterday's - hot showers, etc. I suppose I could try to use our van's T.V. to watch Chelsea beat Liverpool in the FA Cup Final but I am quite happy not to watch it and just bask in the company of my wife!!

No comments:

Post a Comment