Thursday 10 May 2012

Day 37 (May 9) Brixham to Shaldon

It was good to catch up with Graham & Melissa last evening - good food and chat. For those of you who don't know them Graham is a king quizzer & Melissa, who is excelling in her 6th form, is rapidly becoming one as well - queen quizzer!
I shouldn't have blogged yesterday about God cos today he got his own back. All day it fell on John P. & myself, rain that is. It made some of the path very slippery & if I was walking by myself it would have been very unpleasant. John's & my normal banter about sport, politics, etc. helped us on along our way; but absolutely no photos today. Anyway, after a nice hot shower, things seem brighter.
5p.m. & Melv has now arrived, kindly ferried across from Bovey Tracey by Graham. (Melv is leaving his limousine at Graham's). Melv was very critical about Graham's new Jag - said it wasn't a patch on his 23 year old Volvo!
The three of us are about to go out for a birthday celebration (Barbara's) with John & Babs to an Italian restaurant in Teignmouth. Will report back on tomorrow's blog.

4 comments:

  1. Clearly not so righteous, you sinner you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An enjoyable day despite the weather & the early 6am departure from Hawkmoor to get to Brixham in time (he's a hard taskmaster !). Strangely Pete was keen to talk about the demise of Blackburn but seemed unaware of the Liverpool 4 Chelski 1 result from the night before ......... !! Still Chelski are now guaranteed to finish 6th , their worst for 10 yrs (& yes, I know all about Blackburn !!).
    What Pete failed to mention in his blog was that we actually saw a penguin (chinstrap)en route - not too many of them to be seen in the SW ! Despite everything I must still confess to thoroughly enjoying the gentle stroll and indeed the evening meal in Teignmouth !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penguins?? did I read correctly? penguins?? have you reached the arctic circle already?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark - I think that penguins must be so common in Cornwall that Pete hardly thought them worthy of mention - I suppose that Falmouth is a lot nearer to Antarctica than Devon (not that I'm picky you understand, not in my nature as Pete would tell you, but I don't think there are any penguins in the "Arctic" !!). Incidentally, when I mentioned had he considered a lap of honour when he gets to Sandbanks - for example simply turning round & retracing his steps back to Minehead, but he showed very little enthusiasm, even if it meant having the sea on his left all the time & seeing everything from a different perspective - quite disappointing really .........

    John P

    ReplyDelete