Wednesday 16 May 2012

Day 44 (May 16) Durdle Door to Langton Matravers

Except for a couple of hours around midday we had sunny weather throughout the day - quite chilly at times though.
From our camp site at Durdle Door we walked to Lulworth Cove. From there we had to leave the coast path & detour (12 miles) around Lulworth Range cos the Army was playing at soldiers.
Outside the entrance to Lulworth Camp there was this tank, obviously placed there for 2 lads like Melv & me to play with! So I climb aboard & this nasty soldier boy tells me to get off. Well, he didn't frighten me; I am an ATC veteran! I said " you make me camel face". Then he says "I've got a big gun here pal". Melv steps in as my protector and says "leave my mate alone, sweetie or I will tickle you with my feather". That showed soldier boy who started to blub & ran off saying he would tell his sergeant about us.
We covered 24 miles in the day & some of the route was described in the SWCP handbook as 'severe'. Arrived at Langton Matravers knackered with very sore feet (more blisters).






2 comments:

  1. Lyn/Pete as it's the final days walking I thought I'd just reassure you that I've spoken to Terry ref the tenants at no.35 who moved in after the fire & he assures me that they have been moved out now. The steam cleaning of the carpets hasn't caused too much shrinkage, the sand blasting of the stains in the kitchen has been successful, though the power washing of the graffiti on the walls is still continuing - he said that the bedding sheets have been washed whether they needed it or not - what are friends for ! He said that he feels sure that you will be able to get a replacement for the missing television - something to do with bailiffs & an unpaid parking fine ?
    Finally I've arranged for appointments with the physio, the chiropractic & the chiropodist and also for you to see a psychologist - after spending so much time with Melv it might take time for you to readjust to just the two of you again ...... ?

    JP

    PS - When you told Terry to "take care of your wine" in your absence I think he may have misunderstood so maybe a trip to Tesco might be in order en route to Cornwall ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the top photo, he's a big old bruiser isn't he? worn down by the miles he's covered, ridden by all and sundry and never really loved apart from those stolen moments with the boys............the tanks impressive also.

    ReplyDelete