Monday 7 May 2012

Day 35 (May 7) Salcombe to Strete

Last night the rain just hammered it down on the van. I woke this morning, at about 6a.m., and thought 'I don't want to walk in this'. I did wonder whether the ferry at Salcombe would be running. However, by the time ablutions were complete, breakfast taken and we had journeyed to Salcombe the weather had dramatically improved.
The ferry crossing was fine but the ferryman was uncommunicative almost to the point of being rude.
The actual walk, although described in the SWCP Association handbook as strenuous was, I thought, undemanding except for a couple of exposed headlands. I met several other walkers en route - one quite posh geezer suggested I might try this restaurant in Strete called The Laughing Monk. We did, and it was top notch.




Now writing this blog after too much good food and wine so if it sounds a bit inebriated, well I'm not surprised - good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment