Saturday 12 May 2012

Day 40 (May 12) Rest Day at Wood Farm

After our late meal last night we immediately took to our beds. I reckon I was asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow.
So we slept in this morning & didn't get up until 8a.m. After wonderful shower we had a big fry up - just the ticket although I'm sure Melv had one more sausage than me - the porker!
Have spent the day cleaning waterproofs, boots etc. but also enjoying the wonderful SUNSHINE.
Only 5 more days to go - let's hope the weather is kind cos there are still some tough sections to complete.

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't seem like yesterday when you started. Reading the blog from the comfort of my office and home each day has been great, I'm honestly going to miss it!

    Are you sure you don't fancy the lap of honour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark - you know what a wimp he is, he won't go for it even though nobody has ever done it before ....... will he ???? At least the boys had a decent day in the sun today to relax & get up steam for another onslaught tomorrow. Good luck !

    JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the rest of your walk was a success and that you have a well deserved break at the end!! We're so pleased you had a good stay at Wood Farm. See you again soon.

    From All at Wood Farm

    ReplyDelete