Tuesday 1 May 2012

Day 29 (May 1) Pentewan to Fowey (Polruan)

What a change from yesterday. We woke this morning to sunshine and NO WIND or RAIN! It stayed this way for about 3 hours & then it began to get breezy. However no rain today.
My very comfortable gortex type boots have given up - they are about 9 years old and recently I had them re-soled. However, despite me giving them TLC the stitching has perished. Only 15 minutes into today's walk and my feet were soaking. Will have to use my Merrells from now on. Hope they don't give me blisters - have got enough already.
Lyn has had fun today driving the van along the narrow Cornish lanes - apparently Fowey ferry was an adventure! Still she had plenty of time to stroll around Fowey once she was ensconced at Polruan camp site. Even admitted to having a pasty for lunch. Waistline? What waistline?!
About 2 hours ago this family turned up on site towing the smallest caravan I have ever seen. Mum, dad, daughter, grandchild & dog. He took about 10 turns at reversing his caravan onto his pitch, failed & left it, well, fairly close. The family has since been trying to erect an awning thingy on the side of the caravan without much success. Much arguing, arms waving, etc. Mum, daughter & dog have now disappeared leaving dad to erect a small tent - he's given up on the awning thingy. I don't think he's having much success with the tent either. Do you think I should give him a hand, no that will probably make it worse! No we'll just drink our wine and watch the entertainment!
Does anyone know anything about the sculptures (see piccy)?



2 comments:

  1. Pete - I thought that perhaps it was Lyn on the way down to the beach for a skinny-dip ........ ?

    JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually the Bodinnick Ferry, not the Fowey Ferry. Bodinnick's the other side of the river to Fowey - very important when you're local (we're quite tribal you know!).

    ReplyDelete